People love to put their videos on YouTube. Cat videos, kids dunking in trash cans, there are endless videos about countless subjects, but is YouTube a haven for getting your shorts and feature seen by the masses? Alex and Trevor dive into the pitfalls and drawbacks of relying on YouTube and offer better alternatives for the indie filmmaker.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The Pros and Cons of YouTube
- Alternatives for Hosting
- Alternatives for Distribution
- How to best utilize social video platforms
- Different strokes for different folks
- LumaFusion (https://www.cinema5d.com/fast-video-editing-ipad-pro-lumafusion/)
- Red Giant Universe 3.0 (https://www.cinema5d.com/red-giant-universe-3/)
- The Criterion Channel (https://www.criterionchannel.com/buy/subscription?plan=monthly)
- Kanopy (https://www.kanopy.com/category/supplier/criterion-collectionjanus-films)
- Short Hotswap Sharkfin (https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/02/07/new-short-hotswap-shark-fin-adapter-battery-plates-from-core-swx/)
- Intellytech Pocket Cannon (https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/02/06/intellytech-pocket-cannon-mini-led-fresnel/)
- New Pet Sematary trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0LNzU2TQI)
Talk to us!
Join Fearless Filmmakers, a community of independent filmmakers taking the industry by the horns: https://www.fearlessfilmmakers.com