So you have the best camera you could afford, all the equipment, have shot the best project of your life, and are about to sit down and edit it......on an Acer laptop from 2010. Time for a post-production workflow UPGRADE! Alex and Trevor nerd out (mostly Trevor) about what you should look for when pimping out your post-production workshop. From building your own computer and what components are most important to accessories, monitors, and the morel, Alex and Trevor will walk you help you make your post work flow much much smoother.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Towers vs. Laptops vs. All-in-Ones
- What you need to create a 4K editing machine
- SmallHD Focus 7 (https://www.4kshooters.net/2019/03/05/smallhd-focus-7-monitor-bigger-brighter/)
- Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro G2 (https://www.4kshooters.net/2019/03/05/new-blackmagic-ursa-mini-pro-g2-camera-shoots-4k-120fps-raw/)
- USB4 (https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/04/with-usb-4-thunderbolt-and-usb-will-converge/)
- ARRI WVR-1s Wireless Video Receiver (https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/03/07/arri-wvr-1s-wireless-video-receiver/)
- Rayzr MC RGBW Panels (https://www.cinema5d.com/rayzr-mc-introduced-high-quality-rgbww-led-panels/)
- BMPCC 4K finally gets Blackmagic RAW (https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/03/06/bmpcc-4k-finally-gets-blackmagic-raw/)
- Sony Xperia 1 (https://www.provideocoalition.com/sony-xperia-1-a-219-smartphone-with-cineaalta-technology-inside/)
Talk to us!
Join Fearless Filmmakers, a community of independent filmmakers taking the industry by the horns: https://www.fearlessfilmmakers.com