You did everything you should in preparation for distribution BEFORE you started filming. Your film is mastered and in the can, ready for the world to see. In this ever-changing field, what avenues do you have to distribute your film (mostly) on your own? Alex and Trevor break down the many options filmmakers have to get their film in front of as many audience members as they can.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The Big Players - Netflix, Hulu, Amazon
- OTT Options - VHX
- Vimeo, Vudu, Tubi
- Theatrical Options - Tugg and Gathr
- Aggregators - Distribber
- Movi Wheels (https://www.4kshooters.net/2018/10/26/freefly-systems-introduces-the-movi-wheels/)
- Lexar 512GB MicroSD (https://nofilmschool.com/Lexar-512GB-A2-microSD-Card)
- Iceberg Lens (https://nofilmschool.com/2018/10/lens-made-out-iceberg-and-its-cool-hell)
- Netflix buys ABQ Studios (https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/8/17952934/netflix-acquires-abq-studios-production-hub)
- The Bill Murray Stories:Life Lessons Learned from a Mythical Man.( https://nofilmschool.com/2018/10/bill-murray-stories-sxsw-interview)
- Imerge Pro - Raw Image Compositor (https://www.provideocoalition.com/imerge-pro-fxhome-announces-the-worlds-first-raw-image-compositor/)
Talk to us!
Want to learn more about filmmaking? Visit cinemasummit.com for more podcasts, videos, and articles!